Who we are and how to contact us
legacy-events.com (“Our Site”) is a site operated by Legacy Events Group Limited ("Us/We").We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11244225 and have our registered office at 81 St. Clements Street, The Wheelhouse, Oxford OX4 1AW. Our VAT number is 305 6724 13.
To contact us, please email marketplace@legacy‐events.com.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
IN PARTICULAR PLEASE NOTE THE SECTIONS ‘YOUR ACCOUNT’ AND ‘YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY US’.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time, for example, to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You must keep your account details safe
You must keep your login details, password or any other piece of information confidential. You must not disclose them to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at marketplace@legacy‐events.com.
How you may use our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it (other than in relation to Your Content as set out below). Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not use any part of our content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You agree not to crawl, scrape, or spider any page of Our Site or to reverse engineer or attempt to obtain the source code of Our Site.
You agree not to interfere with or try to disrupt Our Site, for example by distributing a virus or other harmful computer code.
If you want to sell your goods via Our Site you will need to create an account with us and you must comply with the following rules.
- Be 18 years or older
- Provide accurate information about yourself. It’s prohibited to use false information or impersonate another person or company through your account
- Not post anything in relation to you or your goods that is false, misleading, fraudulent or deceptive
- Not use language that is abusive, threatening, discriminatory, defamatory, offensive, vulgar, infringes someone’s intellectual property rights, or otherwise violates these terms
- Have all rights and consents to upload content (including any personal data) to Our Site
- Not do anything that is unlawful or in breach of these terms or sell any goods that are unlawful to be sold online or in the UK
- Not transfer your login details, password or account to anyone else
These Terms don't create any agency, partnership, joint venture, employment, or franchisee relationship between you and Us.
Fees to use Our Site
HOW DO YOU CHARGE FOR USE OF THE SITE?
Your content and its use on Our Site
Content that you post on Our Site (such as your shop name, profile pictures, listing photos, listing descriptions) is your content (“Your Content”) and we don’t make any claim to it.
You understand that you are solely responsible for Your Content. You represent that you have all necessary rights to Your Content and that you’re not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it.
By posting Your Content on Our Site, you hereby grant Us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use it for promoting our events, services and Our Site, including using it on our partner and third party websites, social media and other advertising media (“Licence”).
The Licence will also allow us to display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of Your Content.
You agree not to assert any moral rights or rights of publicity against us for using Your Content as set out in these terms.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
You warrant that Your Content complies with these terms, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of them. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of these terms in relation to Your Content.
You may terminate your account with Us at any time (subject to you paying any outstanding bills) from your account settings. Terminating your account will not affect the availability of some of Your Content that you posted on Our Site prior to termination.
We may terminate or suspend your account (and any accounts We determine are related to your account) and your access to Our Site should we have reason to believe you, Your Content, or your use of Our Site violate these terms.
If you or We terminate your account, you may lose any information associated with your account, including Your Content.
We may discontinue Our Site and We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue Our Site or any part of it, any or all users, at any time, for any reason. We will not be liable to you for the effect that any of changes to Our Site may have on you, including your income or your ability to generate revenue through Our Site.
Any provision of these terms that expressly or by implication are intended to continue in force on or after termination of your account shall remain in full force and effect.
Removal of content from Our Site
If content that you own or have rights to has been posted to Our Site without your permission and you want it removed, please take the following the steps.
- If we have reasonable belief that content has been uploaded or posted to Our Site by you (or others using your account) without the owner’s permission we have the right to take appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from Our Site and we may choose to disable your account. If this occurs on more than one occasion we have the right to terminate your account and any content on it may be lost.
- You have the right to remove any content that we believe to be abusive, threatening, discriminatory, defamatory, offensive, vulgar, infringes someone’s intellectual property rights, or otherwise violates these terms without notice to you.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where Our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User‐generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on Our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on Our Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on Our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on Our Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us on marketplace@legacy‐events.com.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- WE DO NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT IN ANY WAY OUR LIABILITY TO YOU WHERE IT WOULD BE UNLAWFUL TO DO SO. THIS INCLUDES LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY OUR NEGLIGENCE OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF OUR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUBCONTRACTORS AND FOR FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
- WE EXCLUDE ALL IMPLIED CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO OUR SITE OR ANY CONTENT ON IT
- WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE, ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH:
- USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, OUR SITE; OR
- USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT DISPLAYED ON OUR SITE.
- IN PARTICULAR, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
- LOSS OF PROFITS, SALES, BUSINESS, OR REVENUE
- BUSINESS INTERRUPTION
- LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS
- LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL OR REPUTATION OR
- ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY US
WE HOPE THIS NEVER HAPPENS, BUT IF WE ARE SUED BECAUSE OF SOMETHING THAT YOU DID, YOU AGREE TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY US. THAT MEANS YOU’LL DEFEND US (INCLUDING ANY OF OUR EMPLOYEES) AND HOLD US HARMLESS FROM ANY LEGAL CLAIM OR DEMAND (INCLUDING REASONABLE LAWYER’S FEES) THAT ARISES FROM YOUR ACTIONS, YOUR USE (OR MISUSE) OF OUR SITE, YOUR BREACH OF THE TERMS, OR YOU OR YOUR ACCOUNT’S INFRINGEMENT OF SOMEONE ELSE’S RIGHTS.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO HANDLE OUR LEGAL DEFENCE HOWEVER WE SEE FIT, EVEN IF YOU ARE INDEMNIFYING US, IN WHICH CASE YOU AGREE TO COOPERATE WITH US SO WE CAN MANAGE IT IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE.
How we may use your personal information
You hereby agree that we have a legitimate interest in protecting yours and third parties’ intellectual property rights and have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to Our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial‐of‐service attack or a distributed denial‐of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co‐operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
- You may link to your Supplier page on our site and our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you
- Our Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than your supplier page or the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
If you have any questions about these terms please contact us at marketplace@legacy‐events.com